First and foremost, I need to give the creator of Helen’s Journey a major THANK YOU! I’m such a fan of blogger tags but never get the chance to complete any, that was until this wonderful soul tagged me. My favorite part of Helen’s Mystery Blogger Award post was getting to know more about her personally, which in turn helped me view her posts a lot differently. The most amazing aspect of blogging for me and the blogging community as a whole is getting to know the individuals on the other side of the screen.
The Mystery Blogger Award
Directly quoted from the creator herself, in her post My Greatest Creation Yet: The Mystery Blogger Award, Okoto Enigma explains:
“Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; they do it with so much love and passion.
Want to get to know the creator of Bri Cuz I Said So better? Keep reading!
- My favorite colors right now are pink, yellow, and green.
- I’ve written poetry for about 10 years now but have finally become comfortable sharing my words with others.
- One habit/hobby I’m loving right now is journaling. As you can probably tell; I’m a fan of writing and reflecting.
Q1: What book would you recommend I read and why?
One book I would recommend to EVERYONE is You Are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life by Jen Sincero. This was the first self-help book I ever picked up and three years later I’m still grateful to have found it. The first time I took it chapter by chapter instead of reading straight through. I still check back in every now and then when I begin to feel like I’m falling off or unsure of myself.
Each time I read this, I use a different color pen or highlights to outline the points that are extra important to me during that time. I learn something new every time, it’s the book that keeps on giving!
Q2: What have you learned about that you would want to share with other bloggers or aspiring bloggers?
One thing I’ve learned about blogging that I’d like the world to know is that numbers don’t matter if you’re creating content you genuinely enjoy. I used to focus solely on stats until I realized I was creating content I didn’t even care for; it seemed like I had forgotten why I had started to begin with. Once I began creating things I enjoyed again, I found that not only did others enjoy it more as well but I also spent more time looking through my own old posts and becoming re-inspired.
Q3: Which is your favorite blog post or poem of mine and why?
My favorite post on Helen’s Journey currently is Using CREATIVE WRITING / POETRY / PROSE & SONG LYRICS, to express yourself & your inner emotions towards different experiences in life! Although this post is dated, it’s on a topic that not only piqued my interest but inspired me to inquire how I can use writing to help both others and myself.
Q4: If you could change one thing in the world what would it be and why?
If I could change one thing about the world, I’d like to significantly decrease violence in everyday life. While in some cultures violence is a means to survival, it pains me to see violence as a criminal activity used to hurt, shame, and breakdown others. From watching it on TV to observing first hand in everyday life, I just don’t have the stomach for violence and an individual’s need to cause hurt and pain to others.
Q5: If you had to choose one place you have been to, to recommend others to visit – where would it be and why? (This doesn’t need to be abroad, it could be in your local area or anywhere.)
One place I would recommend everyone visit at least once is Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. During my first ever solo trip, I spent a few days here and was so inspired by the entire environment. You can check out my post A Trip to Pitt to see what I did to pass time during my mini-vacation. I may have to plan a second Pennsylvania tour in 2021.
Q6: If you didn’t have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time?
If I didn’t have to sleep (or work) I would spend my extra time reading, painting, and calling my friends and family on the phone. I’d spend time learning new recipes to try as well as take up another language (as I’ve been trying for forever now).
My Blogger Nominees:
My 5 Questions for you to answer!
(Feel free to include any answered in this post as well.)
- How did you come up with the name for your blog?
- What is your absolute favorite tale? Do you prefer the book or the movie?
- Do you like to work in chronological order or do you tend to hop around different areas when completing a task/post?
- What are the top three places on your travel destinations wish list right now?
- Who/what is your inspiration behind the content you create?
- *BONUS QUESTION* What do you think is good about being your age? What is difficult?
The Mystery Blogger Award Rules
1. Put the award logo/image on your blog.
2. List the rules.
3. Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog. (link to this post)
4. Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
5. Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
6. Answer the questions you were asked.
7. Nominate 10-20 people & notify.
8. Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify).
9. Share a link to your best post(s).
My Best (Favorite) Posts:
- Gift Guide For People Who Hate Gift Guides
- If We Were Having Coffee (the first time..)
- 2019 Lessons and Blessings
- Philly, You Feel Me?
- Milo, My Love
Until next time,